Officials detain a prominent Chinese artist and activist, drawing comparisons to the brutal aftermath of the Tiananmen Square protests
MGM casts the Chinese as villains in a new version of the 1980s classic — then digitally changes them to North Koreans. Why is the studio running scared?
China has launched a massive "diplomacy campaign" coinciding with President Hu Jintao's Washington visit. But commentators aren't sure the big publicity push will work
Obama urged Chinese leader Hu Jintao to make progress on human rights — but should the president be throwing his weight around to effect real change?
Well-heeled Chinese consumers are acquiring a taste for pricey whiskies and wines. And in a country where a PBR costs $44, the numbers quickly add up...
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
Subscribe to the Week