opinion briefs on this topic
A global trade showdown may be brewing, and pundits debate whether America should be taking the fight to China
At long last, China is allowing the yuan to trade more flexibly against the dollar. Does this mean good things for America's economy?
Why the U.S. wants China to let its currency rise in value, and why Beijing has been reluctant to do it
After years of gender-based abortions, China is facing a huge surplus of young men. Will that mean more crime, more homosexuality — or even a war to weed out weaker males?
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
- The secrets of happy families
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Battle in a blizzard
Subscribe to the Week