A global trade showdown may be brewing, and pundits debate whether America should be taking the fight to China
At long last, China is allowing the yuan to trade more flexibly against the dollar. Does this mean good things for America's economy?
Why the U.S. wants China to let its currency rise in value, and why Beijing has been reluctant to do it
After years of gender-based abortions, China is facing a huge surplus of young men. Will that mean more crime, more homosexuality — or even a war to weed out weaker males?
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week