opinion briefs on this topic
The high court appears ready to uphold parts of a controversial law that the president opposes, which could be a major setback for his re-election campaign
The high court is back in the national spotlight, taking on an illegal immigration case that will likely be just as divisive as the fight over ObamaCare
Team Obama was hoping the high court would put the controversial issue on the back burner as the 2012 election heats up. No dice
A hidden-camera TV show reveals ordinary citizens taking a stand against racial profiling. What does this say about Arizonans' immigration beliefs?
Arizona's "toughest sheriff" says Mexican drug cartels are offering $1 million for his murder. Is this a PR-stunt or proof that his hard-line tactics work?
It's xenophobic and unconstitutional, but Arizona's effort to deny citizenship to the American-born children of illegal immigrants is actually a good idea — for immigrants and natives.
The president wants immigration reform, and says Arizona has taken a step in the wrong direction. Is the state's new law really "ill-conceived" and "unenforceable"?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week