opinion briefs on this topic
The two companies join an All-Star team of tech giants to throw their collective weight around in D.C. — which could be a boon for internet freedom
The tech giant wants to curb the sharing of illegal content online by burying infringing sites in its search rankings, but leaving piracy-riddled YouTube alone
In a dubious bid to make it easier for you to find the info you need, Google Search will soon mix relevant emails you've written or received in with your results
Starting this week, many Android owners can use their smartphones to pay via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover — while leaving the plastic at home
Google officially enters the broadband market with superfast connection speeds, next-generation hardware, cable TV subscriptions, and competitive prices
The internet giant is launching a global "Legalize Love" campaign for gay rights, but skeptics wonder if Singapore and Poland are really the best places to start
The tablet wars heat up as the search giant leaps into the hardware business with an impressive machine that costs just $200
The search giant wants us all to start walking around with a little computer strapped to our faces. It remains to be seen whether consumers will comply
Google unveils big improvements for the next iteration of its mobile OS, highlighted by robust new voice commands that outduel Apple's Siri
Come mid-July, consumers will be able to buy the $200 gadget that runs on the powerful new operating system Jelly Bean, raising the bar for Android slabs
The search giant unveils a frighteningly smart computer capable of teaching itself how to identify objects. The first thing it trains itself to look for? Cats
The search giant introduces two new machines to its line of ultra-minimal computers, and critics like what they're seeing
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week