After the North Korean government broke a promise to halt long-range missile launches, Washington is stiffing the rogue nation's hungry masses
The president will make an appearance at one of "the most dangerous places on Earth" — just as North Korea escalates its aggressive rhetoric
Shin In Geun was born in prison, but in his 20s, he finally escaped. His story is one that hundreds of thousands of other detainees can't tell
A meticulously choreographed motorcade in honor of the late dictator presents his youngest son, Kim Jong Un, as North Korea's new leader
Now that North Korea's belligerent "Dear Leader" is gone, South Koreans are reconsidering the distant dream of a united peninsula
A look back at the brutal North Korean leader's 69 years — from his strange, violent childhood to his time as a curiously-styled, nuclear-powered dictator
The secretive communist nation releases footage showing ordinary people sobbing uncontrollably in the streets. Are the tears real?
So says a happiness index compiled by experts in... North Korea. China comes out on top of the list. America? Dead last. Cue the black humor
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week