opinion briefs on this topic
After the North Korean government broke a promise to halt long-range missile launches, Washington is stiffing the rogue nation's hungry masses
The president will make an appearance at one of "the most dangerous places on Earth" — just as North Korea escalates its aggressive rhetoric
Shin In Geun was born in prison, but in his 20s, he finally escaped. His story is one that hundreds of thousands of other detainees can't tell
A meticulously choreographed motorcade in honor of the late dictator presents his youngest son, Kim Jong Un, as North Korea's new leader
Now that North Korea's belligerent "Dear Leader" is gone, South Koreans are reconsidering the distant dream of a united peninsula
A look back at the brutal North Korean leader's 69 years — from his strange, violent childhood to his time as a curiously-styled, nuclear-powered dictator
The secretive communist nation releases footage showing ordinary people sobbing uncontrollably in the streets. Are the tears real?
So says a happiness index compiled by experts in... North Korea. China comes out on top of the list. America? Dead last. Cue the black humor
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week