opinion briefs on this topic
After the North Korean government broke a promise to halt long-range missile launches, Washington is stiffing the rogue nation's hungry masses
The president will make an appearance at one of "the most dangerous places on Earth" — just as North Korea escalates its aggressive rhetoric
Shin In Geun was born in prison, but in his 20s, he finally escaped. His story is one that hundreds of thousands of other detainees can't tell
A meticulously choreographed motorcade in honor of the late dictator presents his youngest son, Kim Jong Un, as North Korea's new leader
Now that North Korea's belligerent "Dear Leader" is gone, South Koreans are reconsidering the distant dream of a united peninsula
A look back at the brutal North Korean leader's 69 years — from his strange, violent childhood to his time as a curiously-styled, nuclear-powered dictator
The secretive communist nation releases footage showing ordinary people sobbing uncontrollably in the streets. Are the tears real?
So says a happiness index compiled by experts in... North Korea. China comes out on top of the list. America? Dead last. Cue the black humor
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week