opinion briefs on this topic
After the North Korean government broke a promise to halt long-range missile launches, Washington is stiffing the rogue nation's hungry masses
The president will make an appearance at one of "the most dangerous places on Earth" — just as North Korea escalates its aggressive rhetoric
Shin In Geun was born in prison, but in his 20s, he finally escaped. His story is one that hundreds of thousands of other detainees can't tell
A meticulously choreographed motorcade in honor of the late dictator presents his youngest son, Kim Jong Un, as North Korea's new leader
Now that North Korea's belligerent "Dear Leader" is gone, South Koreans are reconsidering the distant dream of a united peninsula
A look back at the brutal North Korean leader's 69 years — from his strange, violent childhood to his time as a curiously-styled, nuclear-powered dictator
The secretive communist nation releases footage showing ordinary people sobbing uncontrollably in the streets. Are the tears real?
So says a happiness index compiled by experts in... North Korea. China comes out on top of the list. America? Dead last. Cue the black humor
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Attack of the invasive species
- When will the Big One strike California?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week