opinion briefs on this topic
The eagerly awaited showdown over President Obama's drone war didn't quite materialize, but that doesn't mean the CIA nominee didn't make news
And why liberals are starting to turn a cold shoulder. As John Brennan heads into his confirmation hearing, it's apparently opposite day in Washington
A new memo from the Justice Department outlines the administration's broad powers to neutralize American citizens
After more than a decade of fighting, many Americans are weary of war. But we can't stop now
Tensions rise as Algerian forces reportedly attack gunmen believed to be al-Qaeda-linked militants, with the lives of Western hostages, some from the U.S., at stake
Authorities bust a man they say tried to detonate a van filled with fake explosives. Do these increasingly common stings amount to a victory against al Qaeda?
In the eyes of many critics, the most baffling part of Mitt Romney's flubbed Libya offensive against President Obama is the Republican's focus on labels
Mohamed al-Zawahiri, brother of al Qaeda's leader, says he is uniquely positioned to work out a truce
A former New York Times investigative reporter argues that George W. Bush ignored months of daily briefings that should have raised red flags
According to a pair of esteemed statisticians, the odds that another large-scale terrorist attack will unfold within 10 years are as high as 50-50
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week