opinion briefs on this topic
Brits detain an alleged al Qaeda militant after he defies a government order and seemingly stalks the Summer Games' primary venue
The White House says a Monday strike killed the Libyan religious scholar who had become al Qaeda's second-in-command after the death of Osama bin Laden
The man convicted in the 1988 terrorist attack, which killed 270 people, dies in Libya, rekindling debate over whether he deserved the mercy he received in his last few years
The chaotic arraignment of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other al Qaeda defendants highlights the stubborn challenges of bringing terrorists to justice
Authorities thwart another plan to blow up a U.S.-bound plane, but the threat is still fueling concerns about America's vulnerability to terrorist attacks
The anti-Muslim extremist is using the courtroom as a soapbox, but he might actually be discrediting his cause and making a case for trying terrorists in civilian court
Jihadi-linked websites post a menacing mock movie poster featuring Manhattan's skyline and a warning about al Qaeda's return
At the time of his death, Osama bin Laden was trying to devise ways to shoot down Obama's plane — and leave a presumably flummoxed Joe Biden in command
Progressive critics cry foul after the president signs a defense law enshrining the military's right to indefinitely hold al Qaeda suspects
In the ten years since the 9/11 attacks, the government has shelled out hundreds of billions of dollars — some of it on rather bizarre purchases
Many people have never heard of al Qaeda's No. 2 guy, but his death by drone strike might just be as big a deal as Osama bin Laden's killing
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
Subscribe to the Week