opinion briefs on this topic
A Norwegian who allegedly murdered nearly 100 people cited several American writers in his lengthy anti-Muslim, anti-immigration manifesto
The perpetrator of Oslo's twin massacres isn't an Islamist, as many suspected, but a homegrown extremist looking to strike a blow against Islam
U.S. officials are nearly sure a drone strike killed one of Pakistan's most-wanted jihadists. Just how badly would this cripple terrorists?
The Pakistani Taliban claims responsibility for a pair of suicide bombings Friday that killed at least 80. Are these attacks really connected to bin Laden's death?
In the wake of America's slaying of bin Laden on Pakistani soil, each country fails to suppress its frustration with the other
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we shouldn't be afraid to talk about 'Grandma' Hillary
Subscribe to the Week