Khalid Sheikh Mohammed will face a military trial at Guantanamo Bay rather than a civilian trial in Manhattan. Did the attorney general really have no other choice?
President Obama approves new rules allowing federal agents to interrogate terror suspects without reading them their rights
After shooting two Pakistanis, a jailed American gives their families $2.3 million for his freedom. But the diplomatic damage lingers
Democrat Rep. Keith Ellison chokes up remembering a 9/11 first responder who was smeared because of his Muslim faith
The Republican investigating the radicalization of American Muslims was once a backer of Irish terrorists
The president lifts a two-year freeze on military trials for terror suspects detained at Guantanamo Bay, with a few tweaks to the Bush system he's long criticized
A New York Republican begins his controversial House Homeland Security Committee hearings on radical Islam this week. What are the likely consequences?
A video shows Pashtun children lightheartedly acting out a terrorism attack. Are they becoming too inured to violence, or is this harmless mimicry?
The British government is employing a promising — and controversial — new counterterrorism strategy, writes Tina Rosenberg in Foreign Policy
In the wake of Monday's deadly bombing at Russia's Domodedovo airport, commentators are debating the repercussions for other travelers around the world
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
Subscribe to the Week