opinion briefs on this topic
Israel says it will let more civilian goods into Gaza over land, but continue a sea blockade. Humanitarian move, or PR ploy?
Israel's deadly raid on the Turkish flotilla sent relations between the erstwhile allies to a new low. Turkey can afford the rift. Can Israel?
Should news that a U.S. citizen died in Israel's flotilla raid change Obama's reaction to the incident?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
Subscribe to the Week