opinion briefs on this topic
Israel says it will let more civilian goods into Gaza over land, but continue a sea blockade. Humanitarian move, or PR ploy?
Israel's deadly raid on the Turkish flotilla sent relations between the erstwhile allies to a new low. Turkey can afford the rift. Can Israel?
Should news that a U.S. citizen died in Israel's flotilla raid change Obama's reaction to the incident?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
Subscribe to the Week