opinion briefs on this topic
Team USA almost sealed a historic comeback win against Slovenia in today's World Cup, but a contentious ref's decision meant they must settle for a tie
Fake North Korean fans, illegal Dutch miniskirts, and a Brazilian Twitter hoax. The drama behind the scenes at the World Cup is almost as scintillating as the action on the pitch
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week