Plans for a reality TV show starring the recently rescued 16-year-old sailor are up in the air after her father scrapped talks with a production company. Is Sunderland worthy of TV stardom?
Some are calling teen sailor Abby Sutherland's survival at sea "inspirational," but, to Joanna Weiss at The Boston Globe, it's a nothing but a sobering cautionary tale
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week