Plans for a reality TV show starring the recently rescued 16-year-old sailor are up in the air after her father scrapped talks with a production company. Is Sunderland worthy of TV stardom?
Some are calling teen sailor Abby Sutherland's survival at sea "inspirational," but, to Joanna Weiss at The Boston Globe, it's a nothing but a sobering cautionary tale
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The week's best photojournalism
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week