Plans for a reality TV show starring the recently rescued 16-year-old sailor are up in the air after her father scrapped talks with a production company. Is Sunderland worthy of TV stardom?
Some are calling teen sailor Abby Sutherland's survival at sea "inspirational," but, to Joanna Weiss at The Boston Globe, it's a nothing but a sobering cautionary tale
- Rise of the machines
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
Subscribe to the Week