opinion briefs on this topic
A 90-year-old grandma takes virtual reality for a spin, an 84-year-old plays Call of Duty for the first time, and more
As baby boomers retire and health costs soar, Medicare and Social Security are devouring the federal budget
Going for a walk could be the key to staying sharp well into old age
The anti-inflammatory medicine may just help keep the brain's gears turning
A new four-in-one cocktail of cardiovascular medications could help prevent heart attacks and stroke in adults over the age of 50
A massive $100 million study is underway to test Crenezumab, an injection which just might change the way we approach the brain disease
Millions of elderly Americans suffer from Alzheimer's. And listening to tunes from their salad days could help them unearth old memories — and make new ones
It turns out that one way to help keep Grandma's mind fresh might be getting her to battle dragons online
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week