opinion briefs on this topic
At just 1,000 years old, W49B is thought to be the beginnings of a little-observed phenomenon
Deep Space Industries claims the space rock flying by Friday could be worth its weight in gold
NASA says a space rock half the size of a football field will zip past us on Feb. 15
Mankind's quest to live among the stars gets a little more realistic with the advent of 3D printing
Deep Space Industries sees dollar signs in the stars
Astronomers are geeking out over a streaking object called ISON
Meet KOI 172.02 — a potentially wet exoplanet just a tiny bit bigger than our own
Meet Apophis — a giant space rock named after an Egyptian demon
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week