opinion briefs on this topic
At just 1,000 years old, W49B is thought to be the beginnings of a little-observed phenomenon
Deep Space Industries claims the space rock flying by Friday could be worth its weight in gold
NASA says a space rock half the size of a football field will zip past us on Feb. 15
Mankind's quest to live among the stars gets a little more realistic with the advent of 3D printing
Deep Space Industries sees dollar signs in the stars
Astronomers are geeking out over a streaking object called ISON
Meet KOI 172.02 — a potentially wet exoplanet just a tiny bit bigger than our own
Meet Apophis — a giant space rock named after an Egyptian demon
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week