Smooth pebbles and angular rocky outcroppings suggest an ancient river once flowed on the Red Planet's desert-like surface
NASA researchers showcase an ultra-detailed composite portrait of one of space's farthest corners
A California father scores a viral video hit after sending his son's toy into space. A look at his clip and those of others who've sent playthings way, way up
A fuzzy red splotch hidden behind nearby star clusters might just be the most distant galaxy ever glimpsed by human eyes
Scientists confirm with 99.996 percent certainty the existence of a little-understood substance that is "one of the great scientific mysteries of our time"
A massive collision rocked the gas giant's surface this week, adding to the growing body of evidence that Jupiter works as a giant space shield
Some of our galaxy's biggest, brightest stars are members of binary systems — and they're sucking the life right out of their partner stars
Scientists reveal that underneath thick layers of cloud cover, the moon's icy surface has complex river networks and a remarkably smooth landscape
The mysterious dwarf continues to surprise scientists, as a newly discovered moon resurrects a debate over the former planet's status
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week