Smooth pebbles and angular rocky outcroppings suggest an ancient river once flowed on the Red Planet's desert-like surface
NASA researchers showcase an ultra-detailed composite portrait of one of space's farthest corners
A California father scores a viral video hit after sending his son's toy into space. A look at his clip and those of others who've sent playthings way, way up
A fuzzy red splotch hidden behind nearby star clusters might just be the most distant galaxy ever glimpsed by human eyes
Scientists confirm with 99.996 percent certainty the existence of a little-understood substance that is "one of the great scientific mysteries of our time"
A massive collision rocked the gas giant's surface this week, adding to the growing body of evidence that Jupiter works as a giant space shield
Some of our galaxy's biggest, brightest stars are members of binary systems — and they're sucking the life right out of their partner stars
Scientists reveal that underneath thick layers of cloud cover, the moon's icy surface has complex river networks and a remarkably smooth landscape
The mysterious dwarf continues to surprise scientists, as a newly discovered moon resurrects a debate over the former planet's status
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week