When the sun spits out solar flares, they can disrupt electronics, interrupt air travel — and dazzle stargazers with "astounding" Northern Lights
Scientists want to build an enormous "virtual telescope" capable of taking a picture of a massive black hole 26,000 light years away
The Hunt for Exomoons with Kepler program will extend the space telescope's planet-hunting capabilities and begin the search for a hospitable Pandora
NASA's Kepler telescope makes a startling, exciting find: An alien world eerily similar to our own, right down to the pleasant summer temperature
A gorgeous new timelapse video lets you virtually soar above our planet, gazing at the shimmering cities and violent storms miles below
A space rock the size of an aircraft carrier will zoom by our planet on Tuesday — our closest brush with astronomical catastrophe in decades
A patient operator calms a confused Briton who reports an "enormous light blazing" in the sky above his house
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week