opinion briefs on this topic
A Russian astronomer says we're virtually guaranteed to find extraterrestrial life if we look hard enough. It's a matter of simple — OK, not so simple — math
NASA's Cassini orbiter swoops past Helene, and captures how beautiful and "weird" the lumpy little moon really is
Astronomers have found planets that float freely in space, unencumbered by any star's gravity — and there may be hundreds of billions of them in our galaxy
Astronomers say a rocky world just 20 light years away could be the first outside our own solar system to sustain life. A guide to planet Gliese 581d
- The Black Death is back
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
Subscribe to the Week