opinion briefs on this topic
A Russian astronomer says we're virtually guaranteed to find extraterrestrial life if we look hard enough. It's a matter of simple — OK, not so simple — math
NASA's Cassini orbiter swoops past Helene, and captures how beautiful and "weird" the lumpy little moon really is
Astronomers have found planets that float freely in space, unencumbered by any star's gravity — and there may be hundreds of billions of them in our galaxy
Astronomers say a rocky world just 20 light years away could be the first outside our own solar system to sustain life. A guide to planet Gliese 581d
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week