opinion briefs on this topic
A photographer spends a week on a mountain in Spain, and returns with mesmerizing footage of our star-packed galaxy
A photo-snapping spacecraft captures millions of incredible outer space images. Here, nine of the best
It's been 50 years since the Soviet air force pilot blasted off in a rocket and circled the earth for 108 minutes. He's since been followed into space by 522 people from 38 nations
The $2.2 billion Square Kilometer Array project will be the most powerful telescope on Earth — and it might just help us discover extraterrestrial life
Forget what you've see in the movies, says Phil Plait at Blastr. Shockingly, Hollywood's got it all wrong
Yes — and you'll be pleased to know the magic figure is 73.8 km/sec/megaparsec. So... what the heck does that mean?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week