A photographer spends a week on a mountain in Spain, and returns with mesmerizing footage of our star-packed galaxy
A photo-snapping spacecraft captures millions of incredible outer space images. Here, nine of the best
It's been 50 years since the Soviet air force pilot blasted off in a rocket and circled the earth for 108 minutes. He's since been followed into space by 522 people from 38 nations
The $2.2 billion Square Kilometer Array project will be the most powerful telescope on Earth — and it might just help us discover extraterrestrial life
Forget what you've see in the movies, says Phil Plait at Blastr. Shockingly, Hollywood's got it all wrong
Yes — and you'll be pleased to know the magic figure is 73.8 km/sec/megaparsec. So... what the heck does that mean?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- These vintage Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons offer a delightful glimpse into pop culture past
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week