opinion briefs on this topic
A photographer spends a week on a mountain in Spain, and returns with mesmerizing footage of our star-packed galaxy
A photo-snapping spacecraft captures millions of incredible outer space images. Here, nine of the best
It's been 50 years since the Soviet air force pilot blasted off in a rocket and circled the earth for 108 minutes. He's since been followed into space by 522 people from 38 nations
The $2.2 billion Square Kilometer Array project will be the most powerful telescope on Earth — and it might just help us discover extraterrestrial life
Forget what you've see in the movies, says Phil Plait at Blastr. Shockingly, Hollywood's got it all wrong
Yes — and you'll be pleased to know the magic figure is 73.8 km/sec/megaparsec. So... what the heck does that mean?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week