opinion briefs on this topic
The X-37B spacecraft's "classified" mission is a real mystery. Will it launch spy satellites? A secret space weapon?
The first cosmic census of our galaxy says that we are surrounded by 50 billion planets, including half a billion on which life could exist
A giant burst of magnetic energy from the sun is zapping the earth. Here's why we may not come out unscathed
The clutter of broken satellites and abandoned rockets in our orbit is reaching a "tipping point," say scientists. Luckily, the Japanese have a solution
The space agency has identified dozens of planets that may be hospitable to earthlings. Could intelligent life be living on one of them?
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week