The X-37B spacecraft's "classified" mission is a real mystery. Will it launch spy satellites? A secret space weapon?
The first cosmic census of our galaxy says that we are surrounded by 50 billion planets, including half a billion on which life could exist
A giant burst of magnetic energy from the sun is zapping the earth. Here's why we may not come out unscathed
The clutter of broken satellites and abandoned rockets in our orbit is reaching a "tipping point," say scientists. Luckily, the Japanese have a solution
The space agency has identified dozens of planets that may be hospitable to earthlings. Could intelligent life be living on one of them?
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week