opinion briefs on this topic
The X-37B spacecraft's "classified" mission is a real mystery. Will it launch spy satellites? A secret space weapon?
The first cosmic census of our galaxy says that we are surrounded by 50 billion planets, including half a billion on which life could exist
A giant burst of magnetic energy from the sun is zapping the earth. Here's why we may not come out unscathed
The clutter of broken satellites and abandoned rockets in our orbit is reaching a "tipping point," say scientists. Luckily, the Japanese have a solution
The space agency has identified dozens of planets that may be hospitable to earthlings. Could intelligent life be living on one of them?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
Subscribe to the Week