Obama presses the GOP on the budget, calls for a hike in the minimum wage, and makes a forceful argument for more gun control
"'It is my task to report the State of the Union — to improve it is the task of us all."
Every year, Team Obama promises to refocus on jobs. And every year, they prove that talk is cheap
Washington has changed the president — not the other way around
The president is expected to drop bipartisan language in favor of a direct challenge to his ideological opponents
The president enters his second term with his highest favorability rating in three years
The president's claim that he shoots guns "all the time" has led to loud guffaws among conservatives
Obama once disparaged presidents who use executive action to bypass Congress. How quickly things change...
Echoing a common complaint from the Right, Paul Ryan accuses Obama of building up flimsy GOP arguments just to knock them down
Obama subtly argues that the founding documents shouldn't obstruct progress
There was plenty of pomp and gravitas during the celebration of President Obama's second inauguration. These other things happened, too
The president begins his second term with an unabashed paean to progressive values
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The militarization of America’s police
Subscribe to the Week