Obama presses the GOP on the budget, calls for a hike in the minimum wage, and makes a forceful argument for more gun control
"'It is my task to report the State of the Union — to improve it is the task of us all."
Every year, Team Obama promises to refocus on jobs. And every year, they prove that talk is cheap
Washington has changed the president — not the other way around
The president is expected to drop bipartisan language in favor of a direct challenge to his ideological opponents
The president enters his second term with his highest favorability rating in three years
The president's claim that he shoots guns "all the time" has led to loud guffaws among conservatives
Obama once disparaged presidents who use executive action to bypass Congress. How quickly things change...
Echoing a common complaint from the Right, Paul Ryan accuses Obama of building up flimsy GOP arguments just to knock them down
Obama subtly argues that the founding documents shouldn't obstruct progress
There was plenty of pomp and gravitas during the celebration of President Obama's second inauguration. These other things happened, too
The president begins his second term with an unabashed paean to progressive values
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week