Obama presses the GOP on the budget, calls for a hike in the minimum wage, and makes a forceful argument for more gun control
"'It is my task to report the State of the Union — to improve it is the task of us all."
Every year, Team Obama promises to refocus on jobs. And every year, they prove that talk is cheap
Washington has changed the president — not the other way around
The president is expected to drop bipartisan language in favor of a direct challenge to his ideological opponents
The president enters his second term with his highest favorability rating in three years
The president's claim that he shoots guns "all the time" has led to loud guffaws among conservatives
Obama once disparaged presidents who use executive action to bypass Congress. How quickly things change...
Echoing a common complaint from the Right, Paul Ryan accuses Obama of building up flimsy GOP arguments just to knock them down
Obama subtly argues that the founding documents shouldn't obstruct progress
There was plenty of pomp and gravitas during the celebration of President Obama's second inauguration. These other things happened, too
The president begins his second term with an unabashed paean to progressive values
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week