opinion briefs on this topic
A bigger grin, but more grays...
Obama spent much of his first term trying to bridge the ideological divide. Now he's taking a different tack
To liberals, Obama is a hapless bungler when it comes to high-stakes negotiations. But the president is a ruthless operator in the conservative mind
Speaker John Boehner says he's done with one-on-one talks with the president. Maybe it's time for the feeling to be mutual
It looks like the president is caving in on taxes
Now the NRA can rely on widespread animus to Obama to crush the renewed push for tighter gun laws
"These tragedies must end"
"We've endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years"
If you think being asked "Why can't you be more like your sibling?" is bad, imagine being told to embrace your inner FDR
With Obama handily winning re-election, some extreme conservatives are groping for other means to unseat him
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week