opinion briefs on this topic
A bigger grin, but more grays...
Obama spent much of his first term trying to bridge the ideological divide. Now he's taking a different tack
To liberals, Obama is a hapless bungler when it comes to high-stakes negotiations. But the president is a ruthless operator in the conservative mind
Speaker John Boehner says he's done with one-on-one talks with the president. Maybe it's time for the feeling to be mutual
It looks like the president is caving in on taxes
Now the NRA can rely on widespread animus to Obama to crush the renewed push for tighter gun laws
"These tragedies must end"
"We've endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years"
If you think being asked "Why can't you be more like your sibling?" is bad, imagine being told to embrace your inner FDR
With Obama handily winning re-election, some extreme conservatives are groping for other means to unseat him
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week