opinion briefs on this topic
The president no longer has to worry about getting votes, so he should start addressing the politically problematic things he ignored in his first term
The 44th president has long been the target of misinformation, smear campaigns, and outright, bald-faced lies
The president faces an angry backlash after he refers to a "Polish death camp"... instead of a "Nazi death camp in German-occupied Poland"
The president surely knows that protecting a threatened Chinese activist is the right thing to do. But sadly, it seems he lacks the resolve to truly follow through
The president is many things to many people, especially to those who edit The Week magazine. Here's a review of how our covers have metaphorically made over Obama
Vintage footage of the young law student standing up for minority rights goes viral — and inspires a "gotcha!" from the Right
For the first time this year, President Obama opens up to the media at the White House, hitting his GOP rivals on everything from Iran to women's issues
In an interview with Ebony, Jackson shares his views on the American political system. Not everyone is appreciative
Despite The Washington Post's rather preposterous claim, this president is not the nation's most divisive ever. Not even close
The Arizona governor and the president get off on the wrong foot as soon as he steps off his plane in Phoenix
- The Black Death is back
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week