opinion briefs on this topic
Tuesday's State of the Union had one of the lowest reading comprehension levels in decades. Did the president dumb things down too much?
The president hammers the theme of economic fairness, tells a cringe-worthy joke about spilt milk, and targets Mitt Romney — without ever mentioning him by name
The commander-in-chief was sagging in the polls for months. What's helping him bounce back?
The president's diagnosis of our economic ailments is spot on. But his prescription is quack medicine
Critics claim to get inside Obama's head, and proclaim that the president is an indecisive failure. Nothing could be farther from the truth
His jobs plan blocked by the GOP, President Obama is unveiling a slew of executive orders to juice the economy without involving his Beltway nemeses
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week