opinion briefs on this topic
The president and Republicans worked together in the closing days of the 111th Congress. But will the good feelings last into 2011?
How did Obama, Harry Reid, and the Democrats manage to score so many victories between the election and Christmas?
Minor ailments are practically a requirement for the modern president. Here are a few notable examples from recent years
In his first post-election interview, President Obama admitted some mistakes — but failed to impress either the Left or the Right
Obama was lucky that the financial crisis hit right before the 2008 election, says Hendrik Hertzberg in The New Yorker. When the GOP wins the House, it will be because his luck ran out
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
Subscribe to the Week