opinion briefs on this topic
The president and Republicans worked together in the closing days of the 111th Congress. But will the good feelings last into 2011?
How did Obama, Harry Reid, and the Democrats manage to score so many victories between the election and Christmas?
Minor ailments are practically a requirement for the modern president. Here are a few notable examples from recent years
In his first post-election interview, President Obama admitted some mistakes — but failed to impress either the Left or the Right
Obama was lucky that the financial crisis hit right before the 2008 election, says Hendrik Hertzberg in The New Yorker. When the GOP wins the House, it will be because his luck ran out
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week