opinion briefs on this topic
An incendiary tale that caught fire in the conservative press is apparently bogus
Former press secretary Robert Gibbs also just joined the liberal cable news giant. And that's making some people suspicious...
The reporters assigned to follow President Obama are frustrated, and they're not the only ones
The GOP is demanding 60 votes to move forward on Obama's defense secretary nomination, but won't use the "F" word
The president's speech: High on rhetoric. Low on political reality
The president packed a lot of policy, and some potent politics, into his hour-long address to Congress and the nation
Everything you need to know before tuning in to President Obama's last big shot to set the agenda in Washington
The potential consequences of incompetence at a Hagel-led Pentagon are impossible to overstate
President Obama's nominee to run the Pentagon had a rough day before his former Senate GOP colleagues. He probably needs five of them to win confirmation
Watch as the decorated war veteran clashes with John McCain — and bungles a crucial policy position on Iran
The Democratic defections that conservatives coveted never materialized. And now many Republicans look like reflexively, dangerously aggressive people
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The end of academic freedom?
Subscribe to the Week