opinion briefs on this topic
Kerry sailed through his Senate confirmation. Now he faces the world — and the ghost of his rock star predecessor
As Clinton prepares to step down, a look back at her tenure as America's top diplomat
The president and his outgoing secretary of state sit down with CBS's Steve Kroft for a rare joint interview
The secretary of state gives Ron Johnson of Wisconsin the hair-dryer treatment
The second inaugural is rarely memorable, but President Obama can defy history on Jan. 21, and maybe even change it
This is no quirk. Democrats have long been vulnerable on military matters
The illegible handwriting of President Obama's pick for his next Treasury secretary has become an instant punchline
Is he warm and cuddly? Calculatingly secretive? Enter the graphologists...
From a bubbling fight over inaugural Champagne to anti-gay pastors, the upcoming, low-key inauguration isn't exactly low-drama
Get to know President Obama's nominee to head the Pentagon
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week