opinion briefs on this topic
President Obama is reportedly nominating the Nebraska Republican to lead the Defense Department. And the GOP is up in arms
The VP succeeded where his boss failed, striking a fiscal cliff deal with the GOP
From the Roosevelts to the Obamas, a look back at how First Families have decked their famous halls
Susan Rice bailed on her secretary of state bid after GOP hectoring. Now Obama's reported pick for defense is on the ropes, too
Expect a less militarized approach to America's dealings with the rest of the world
An independent inquiry faults missteps by the State Department in the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens
With Susan Rice out as a possible replacement for Hillary Clinton, Kerry becomes the instant frontrunner
The centrist former Republican senator from Nebraska is reportedly the frontrunner to replace Leon Panetta
One of the president's closest advisors backs down in the face of what many have described as a GOP witch hunt
The leader of the now-immortal Choom Gang is reportedly on the verge of becoming the buzz-killer-in-chief
"There we go! My tweet has been posted. That's what I'm talking about!"
The fashion-industry superstar raised a fortune for Obama's campaign. Now she might get a plum job in London or Paris
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- The indignity of canine bath time
Subscribe to the Week