President Obama is reportedly nominating the Nebraska Republican to lead the Defense Department. And the GOP is up in arms
The VP succeeded where his boss failed, striking a fiscal cliff deal with the GOP
From the Roosevelts to the Obamas, a look back at how First Families have decked their famous halls
Susan Rice bailed on her secretary of state bid after GOP hectoring. Now Obama's reported pick for defense is on the ropes, too
Expect a less militarized approach to America's dealings with the rest of the world
An independent inquiry faults missteps by the State Department in the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens
With Susan Rice out as a possible replacement for Hillary Clinton, Kerry becomes the instant frontrunner
The centrist former Republican senator from Nebraska is reportedly the frontrunner to replace Leon Panetta
One of the president's closest advisors backs down in the face of what many have described as a GOP witch hunt
The leader of the now-immortal Choom Gang is reportedly on the verge of becoming the buzz-killer-in-chief
"There we go! My tweet has been posted. That's what I'm talking about!"
The fashion-industry superstar raised a fortune for Obama's campaign. Now she might get a plum job in London or Paris
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week