opinion briefs on this topic
Terrified of a Romney presidency, liberals rallied around Obama during the election. Now they say they're ready to fight for an array of progressive causes
The former campaign-trail rivals are meeting in the White House's private dining room. And, arguably, it's a win-win situation for them — and America
The U.N. ambassador meets with her top GOP critics, in an apparent bid to get them to back off her likely nomination as Hillary Clinton's replacement
Just because ObamaCare is the law of the land doesn't mean every single provision is carved in stone
After more than a decade spending American blood and treasure in the Mideast and South Asia, the U.S. is upping its bet on the Pacific
Republicans are hammering Rice for her statements on the Benghazi attack, trying hard to discourage Obama from picking her as his next secretary of state
The president made some fairly big waves in education policy in his first term. Will he have the money and motivation to keep it up?
Stopping Tehran from weaponizing its nuclear energy program remains a top U.S. priority. But should it be?
The president meets the press, and his responses to their questions give us some intriguing clues about where he's headed in his second term
Social Security is the dangerous "third rail of American politics," and Medicare is equally charged. Should President Obama risk the shock?
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week