The former presidential candidate and Vietnam War vet is reportedly being considered for the post — even though he'd rather be secretary of state
U.S. presidents almost always use their second terms to try and get Israelis and Palestinians to forge a lasting peace. They haven't succeeded yet
Hurricane Sandy brought a politically risky, backburner issue to the forefront of campaign 2012's final days. What now?
Syria is mired in a bloody civil war, and the conflict could spill over into the hot cauldron that is the Middle East
Thanks to historically high Latino turnout on Election Day, immigration reform might finally be an imperative for both parties
The eminently intriguing Democrat inspires a flurry of speculation after vaguely raising the possibility that she might stick around after all
The Wall Street Journal reports that the U.N. ambassador was not privy to the latest intelligence before she said the attack stemmed from a riot
In his last big international speech before Election Day, Obama addresses anti-U.S. rage in the Muslim world, and honors the late Ambassador Chris Stevens
Obama still enjoys a political advantage over Mitt Romney on national security. But as violence grips the Mideast, the president is coming under new scrutiny
In a new book, the Washington Post's scoop machine reveals what went on behind closed doors during the tense negotiations over the debt ceiling
Republicans have been making the Obama-Nixon comparisons in recent weeks, and while there are some parallels, there are also major differences
The congressional investigation of the botched gun-smuggling sting isn't getting widespread notice. Here's why it should
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week