opinion briefs on this topic
How did a flubbed federal law enforcement operation named after a cheesy movie become a high-stakes Washington showdown? Read on
The president invokes executive privilege to block the release of confidential documents, and Republicans accuse him of whitewashing an ignominious operation
Republicans accuse Holder of refusing to cooperate with their probe of the "gun-walking" scandal that put weapons into the hands of Mexican drug cartels
The Obama cabinet member, under investigation for two weekend crashes in California, is blaming his poor driving on an ill-timed seizure
The salacious controversy revealed U.S. agents' startling weakness, and let America's enemies in on key information that could be used against us
President Obama and Jimmy Kimmel had dueling comedy routines at this weekend's gala for journalists, politicos, and A-list celebrities. Here's their best material
As major players in the headline-making prostitution controversy are identified and a clearer picture emerges, here's a look at the most scandalous tidbits
The elite security agency is moving to quash the controversy by forcing out three accused agents. But the story is unlikely to end there
For the most part, the Obama administration has successfully avoided bad publicity, but it's now being faced with a string of scandals at the worst possible time
Lurid new details emerge of a wild night in Colombia, plunging the White House deeper into an embarrassing controversy
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The odds are 11 million to 1 that you'll die in a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week