opinion briefs on this topic
After the president's much-maligned handling of the debt-ceiling crisis, a nagging question resurfaces
Despite GOP hostility, the Obama administration has skirted any serious accusations of wrongdoing, says Brendan Nyhan at Sabato's Crystal Ball. How?
The rapper performed at a White House poetry event Wednesday night — after a days-long spat over his more provocative lyrics
A photo of Obama's staff taken during the bin Laden raid suggests the Secretary of State was deeply moved, but now she says she was merely coughing
Officials have revised some key details in the narrative of Osama bin Laden's death
President Obama reportedly plans to nominate Petraeus to replace CIA chief Leon Panetta, who will become the next secretary of defense
Was it all an honest mistake, or is the tough treatment endured by a pool reporter at a Florida fundraiser evidence of a larger problem?
The former First Lady says she won't serve a second term in Obama's cabinet, or run for president herself. Is she really leaving the Beltway behind?
A State Department spokesman is out of a job after publicly criticizing the military's treatment of alleged WikiLeaker Bradley Manning. Obama maintains that Manning's treatment is "appropriate"
The new White House spokesman survived his first grilling from the press — but does Carney have what it takes to fill Robert Gibbs' shoes?
The president's latest appointments might look like business as usual, says Doyle McManus in the Los Angeles Times, but they indicate a new mission for the White House
Was President Obama merely being honest by suggesting his outgoing press secretary gave up a lot to serve in government? Or was he being "tone deaf" in a time of economic suffering?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week