opinion briefs on this topic
The president might pick centrist Democrat and bank executive William Daley — a man who opposed two key Obama policies — to run the White House. What to think?
The "Saturday Night Live" comic has been tapped for one of the toughest and most scrutinized gigs in show business. Is he up to the task?
It's fall harvest time on the South Lawn. Just what has grown in the first lady's garden since she planted it last spring?
Rahm Emanuel's replacement couldn't be more different from his predecessor, say pundits. A quick guide to the "101st Senator"
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week