opinion briefs on this topic
Terrified of a Romney presidency, liberals rallied around Obama during the election. Now they say they're ready to fight for an array of progressive causes
The former campaign-trail rivals are meeting in the White House's private dining room. And, arguably, it's a win-win situation for them — and America
The U.N. ambassador meets with her top GOP critics, in an apparent bid to get them to back off her likely nomination as Hillary Clinton's replacement
Just because ObamaCare is the law of the land doesn't mean every single provision is carved in stone
After more than a decade spending American blood and treasure in the Mideast and South Asia, the U.S. is upping its bet on the Pacific
Republicans are hammering Rice for her statements on the Benghazi attack, trying hard to discourage Obama from picking her as his next secretary of state
The president made some fairly big waves in education policy in his first term. Will he have the money and motivation to keep it up?
Stopping Tehran from weaponizing its nuclear energy program remains a top U.S. priority. But should it be?
The president meets the press, and his responses to their questions give us some intriguing clues about where he's headed in his second term
Social Security is the dangerous "third rail of American politics," and Medicare is equally charged. Should President Obama risk the shock?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week