opinion briefs on this topic
The defeated GOP candidate famously disparaged Obama as the candidate of the 47 percent. Now, liberals gleefully view Mitt's final tally as poetic justice
The defeated GOP candidate faces a backlash after he points the finger at young and minority voters in the wake of his landslide defeat
Sean Hannity, Donald Trump, and Karl Rove are awfully unhappy that their guy lost — and they're not exactly bearing defeat with a stiff upper lip
Romney's get-out-the-vote operation was comically inept. Obama barely prepared for the first debate. Romney spent $25,000 on victory fireworks. And more!
For the president's international supporters, from Japan to France, the outcome on November 6 was a relief — and a reason to celebrate
The media captures the enthusiasm of Obama's supporters — and the challenges the president faces over the next four years
A look at what we can expect in Obama's four more years — and beyond
It was well past 1 a.m. on the East Coast by the time Obama declared victory in Chicago. If you were already asleep, here's the video
When the network's number-crunchers called Ohio — and the election — for President Obama, Rove was most definitely not on board
Mitt Romney supporters are extremely concerned about the future of our country
Ranchers, bikers, surfers, octogenarians, and millions more diverse Americans had one thing in common on Nov. 6: They cast their ballots for president
Mitt Romney's path to victory is getting awfully narrow
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
8 Facebook misfires that ruined lives
Subscribe to the Week