opinion briefs on this topic
Initial analysis on the returns in several key battleground states
The votes are already being tallied. Get the latest news and analysis from the PBS team
Keen to show their civic pride, Americans are posting photos of their completed ballots on social media sites. Only problem: That's illegal in many states
After a seemingly endless, expensive campaign, we're about to find out whether President Obama or Mitt Romney will prevail... or are we?
Both candidates are continuing to reach out as voters go to the polls... but they're going about it in very different ways
Almost inevitably, incomplete or even fake exit polls will make their way to Twitter or blogs before the voting's done. Don't be fooled...
It's Election Day! And President Obama would like you to vote. Why? "Voting's the best revenge."
Democrats sue the Sunshine State, insisting that the governor's decision to limit early-voting days has resulted in endless lines at polling stations
It seems that every four years, many Americans — yes, mostly liberals — vow to emigrate north if their candidate is defeated
Obama partisans are certain their guy will win a second term. Republicans are sure we'll be inaugurating a President Romney in January. Both sides can't be right...
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week