This year's contest might well fit into a storied tradition of Election Day nail-biters
As a long, ugly presidential campaign comes to an end, Slate wraps up its series of Mortal Kombat-inspired political homages with the big fight. Watch it
The New York Times public editor slaps her newspaper's own political stats maven for betting a conservative TV pundit that Obama will win
Between voters too busy cleaning up from the storm and polling places unable to serve those who do show up, Sandy could be a spoiler
Let's take a closer look at how President Obama and Mitt Romney's policies would affect the lives of two very different kinds of voters
President Obama and Mitt Romney are neck-and-neck in several swing states. Could shady supporters give one of them an unfair advantage?
The campaign is finally resuming — but how did the violent weather change President Obama and Mitt Romney's final dash to election day?
Both presidential campaigns say they have the Big Mo heading into the home stretch. Who's got the stronger case?
An adorable Colorado girl unwittingly — but perfectly — captures the mood of the nation
You may be surprised to learn that Bush-Gore doesn't even crack the top 3
What happened to "we report, you decide?"
Some conservatives insist that the country's most famous forecaster is in the tank for Obama. His defenders's retort: It's math, stupid
Officials warn that it may be hard to get out October numbers before the election. Conservatives charge that a delay would be suspiciously convenient for Obama
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
Subscribe to the Week