opinion briefs on this topic
The presidential candidates had big plans for this week. A hurricane is raining on their parade
The two presidential candidates agree that the world is getting hotter and that human activity is partly to blame, though you wouldn't know it from the 2012 race
Politics doesn't have to be all blazers and button-downs. This election, support your candidates in style and with a little bit of bling
Inevitably, a few choice phrases and images from Monday night's debate took on an internet life of their own
The insta-polls were unanimous that Obama beat Romney in their final debate. But that hardly guarantees that the president will seize the race's momentum
President Obama gave a shout-out to the fact-checkers in the foreign policy debate, but he had his own moments of truthiness
Last night's debate won't move the needle. Because for better or worse, voters are laser-focused on jobs and the economy, not Iran and Benghazi
In the tamest of the three presidential debates, the GOP candidate and the Democratic incumbent tangle on foreign policy and national security
The GOP candidate suddenly agrees with the president on Iran, Syria, and the Arab Spring
The GOP candidate is declining to show much daylight between himself and the president
The president is quick to go on the offensive, while Mitt Romney searches for high ground
Real-time, unfiltered commentary from around the world
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week