opinion briefs on this topic
The presidential candidates had big plans for this week. A hurricane is raining on their parade
The two presidential candidates agree that the world is getting hotter and that human activity is partly to blame, though you wouldn't know it from the 2012 race
Politics doesn't have to be all blazers and button-downs. This election, support your candidates in style and with a little bit of bling
Inevitably, a few choice phrases and images from Monday night's debate took on an internet life of their own
The insta-polls were unanimous that Obama beat Romney in their final debate. But that hardly guarantees that the president will seize the race's momentum
President Obama gave a shout-out to the fact-checkers in the foreign policy debate, but he had his own moments of truthiness
Last night's debate won't move the needle. Because for better or worse, voters are laser-focused on jobs and the economy, not Iran and Benghazi
In the tamest of the three presidential debates, the GOP candidate and the Democratic incumbent tangle on foreign policy and national security
The GOP candidate suddenly agrees with the president on Iran, Syria, and the Arab Spring
The GOP candidate is declining to show much daylight between himself and the president
The president is quick to go on the offensive, while Mitt Romney searches for high ground
Real-time, unfiltered commentary from around the world
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week