opinion briefs on this topic
Mitt Romney and Barack Obama's clash this week will be just the latest in a long tradition of presidential showdowns
In the wake of Thursday's vice-presidential debate, Laughing Joe's already prominent choppers are all over the news
The vice president fired up the base and put Republican Paul Ryan back on his heels. But history shows that even boffo VP performances rarely move the needle
The face-off between the vice president and Paul Ryan provided ample fodder for Twitter wits and wags who craft animated gifs
There were no devastating gaffes in Thursday's vice presidential debate. Still, both Biden and Ryan made potentially costly unforced errors
Both candidates stretched the truth during their televised showdown. A breakdown of how fact-checkers scored it
Raddatz wins mostly rave reviews, and avoids the punishing criticism that Lehrer faced after getting steamrolled in last week's presidential debate
Biden dominated the sole vice-presidential face-off. But that may have turned off many voters
Seeking to make up for President Obama's lackluster debate performance, Biden is going after Paul Ryan with gusto
The Democrat tags Paul Ryan for talking "malarkey," while the GOP candidate hits Biden on the administration's muddled Libya response
Unfiltered, real-time commentary from around the world
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week