"Compensation is way too high," says Morgan Stanley's CEO. "I'm sort of sympathetic to the shareholder view that the industry is still overpaid."
A young finance major looking for an internship wins over hotshot investment bankers by admitting there's nothing special about him
The purge could be the first step in a more dramatic overhaul
The feds accuse the bank of dumping toxic loans on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, an alleged scheme reportedly at the heart of the 2008 financial crisis
Greg Smith famously left the investment bank with guns blazing. But his new book reportedly fails to back up his provocative claims
Investors are sending a message to the mega-bank: Become smaller and leaner
Pandit takes Wall Street by surprise, and leaves puzzled investors guessing about his motives
A watchdog group championed by Obama gets the credit card company to agree to a $210 million settlement, signaling that predatory lending won't be tolerated
The bank ponies up $175 million to settle accusations that it charged blacks and Latinos higher interest rates and fees on their mortgages
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Can the U.S. Army degrade and destroy Ebola?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week