"Compensation is way too high," says Morgan Stanley's CEO. "I'm sort of sympathetic to the shareholder view that the industry is still overpaid."
A young finance major looking for an internship wins over hotshot investment bankers by admitting there's nothing special about him
The purge could be the first step in a more dramatic overhaul
The feds accuse the bank of dumping toxic loans on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, an alleged scheme reportedly at the heart of the 2008 financial crisis
Greg Smith famously left the investment bank with guns blazing. But his new book reportedly fails to back up his provocative claims
Investors are sending a message to the mega-bank: Become smaller and leaner
Pandit takes Wall Street by surprise, and leaves puzzled investors guessing about his motives
A watchdog group championed by Obama gets the credit card company to agree to a $210 million settlement, signaling that predatory lending won't be tolerated
The bank ponies up $175 million to settle accusations that it charged blacks and Latinos higher interest rates and fees on their mortgages
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week