opinion briefs on this topic
"Compensation is way too high," says Morgan Stanley's CEO. "I'm sort of sympathetic to the shareholder view that the industry is still overpaid."
A young finance major looking for an internship wins over hotshot investment bankers by admitting there's nothing special about him
The purge could be the first step in a more dramatic overhaul
The feds accuse the bank of dumping toxic loans on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, an alleged scheme reportedly at the heart of the 2008 financial crisis
Greg Smith famously left the investment bank with guns blazing. But his new book reportedly fails to back up his provocative claims
Investors are sending a message to the mega-bank: Become smaller and leaner
Pandit takes Wall Street by surprise, and leaves puzzled investors guessing about his motives
A watchdog group championed by Obama gets the credit card company to agree to a $210 million settlement, signaling that predatory lending won't be tolerated
The bank ponies up $175 million to settle accusations that it charged blacks and Latinos higher interest rates and fees on their mortgages
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week