opinion briefs on this topic
Mitch Greenlick wants to put cigarettes in the same category as LSD and steroids
First restaurants, then bars... now private homes? A California township ups the anti-smoking ante
Smokeless tobacco is booming, thanks to a widespread belief that newly affordable e-cigarettes are actually better for you — but not all doctors agree
The best way to scare smokers into quitting? Ask former smokers to demonstrate how ruthlessly tobacco destroyed their bodies
Companies have long tried to get workers to quit smoking and start exercising. Now employers are aiming where it hurts: The paycheck
After years of interviewing Americans, the CDC finds that the nation's smokers are most likely to be young, poor, white — and working blue-collar jobs
Five major U.S. tobacco companies say yes, arguing that they shouldn't be forced to scare consumers away from their own products
Kids exposed to secondhand smoke have a higher risk of cancer, heart disease and, according a new study, hearing loss
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week