opinion briefs on this topic
Mitch Greenlick wants to put cigarettes in the same category as LSD and steroids
First restaurants, then bars... now private homes? A California township ups the anti-smoking ante
Smokeless tobacco is booming, thanks to a widespread belief that newly affordable e-cigarettes are actually better for you — but not all doctors agree
The best way to scare smokers into quitting? Ask former smokers to demonstrate how ruthlessly tobacco destroyed their bodies
Companies have long tried to get workers to quit smoking and start exercising. Now employers are aiming where it hurts: The paycheck
After years of interviewing Americans, the CDC finds that the nation's smokers are most likely to be young, poor, white — and working blue-collar jobs
Five major U.S. tobacco companies say yes, arguing that they shouldn't be forced to scare consumers away from their own products
Kids exposed to secondhand smoke have a higher risk of cancer, heart disease and, according a new study, hearing loss
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week