Women are making big gains in the developing world. But as they secure more rights and money, they're also picking up a dangerous habit
Millions of Americans try to wean themselves off cancer sticks each year, and millions fail. Science explains why it isn't just a question of willpower
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week