Women are making big gains in the developing world. But as they secure more rights and money, they're also picking up a dangerous habit
Millions of Americans try to wean themselves off cancer sticks each year, and millions fail. Science explains why it isn't just a question of willpower
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week