Women are making big gains in the developing world. But as they secure more rights and money, they're also picking up a dangerous habit
Millions of Americans try to wean themselves off cancer sticks each year, and millions fail. Science explains why it isn't just a question of willpower
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week