opinion briefs on this topic
Eric Cantor says he won't OK aid money for Missouri tornado victims unless Democrats agree to an equal amount of spending cuts. Goodbye, "compassionate conservatism"?
Aaron Schock, a 29-year-old Republican from Illinois, is showing off his six-pack abs on the June cover of Men's Health magazine. Inappropriate?
A Harvard researcher crunches the numbers, and finds that partisan attacks fritter away much of lawmakers' energy
How rich is Congress? Well, the class of freshmen members is alone worth more than $500 million
A measure to extend the controversial counterterrorism law was voted down last night. Did Tea Party insurrection ensure its defeat?
House Republicans have unveiled an ambitious 10-year proposal to slash government spending — without cutting entitlements or defense. Can they really do it?
The new GOP chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is targeting Democrats for a long list of investigations. How worried should they be?
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- What's keeping the Oakland Athletics from moving to San Jose?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- New Snowden leak: NSA, Britain's GCHQ, eavesdropped on foreign leaders
- How immigration reform could save taxpayers nearly $1 trillion
- 5 takeaways from Obama's sit-down with Charlie Rose