In this edition of The Week's Editor's Letter, Francis Wilkinson ponders the folly of typecasting
For many, King's legacy of nonviolence has taken on renewed importance in the wake of the Tuscon rampage. Here, some of the best commentary
The president urged Americans to come together to honor the memory of those who died in the Arizona shootings
Responding to the Gabrielle Giffords shootings, Sarah Palin has answered her critics in typically defiant style — but did her choice of words just incite more conflict?
Many people who knew Jared Loughner — the man charged in the Tucson massacre — worried he was deranged and dangerous. Why wasn't he in treatment?
As the assassination attempt on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords brings new scrutiny to Sarah Palin's gun-themed rhetoric, pundits debate the political fallout
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week