In this edition of The Week's Editor's Letter, Francis Wilkinson ponders the folly of typecasting
For many, King's legacy of nonviolence has taken on renewed importance in the wake of the Tuscon rampage. Here, some of the best commentary
The president urged Americans to come together to honor the memory of those who died in the Arizona shootings
Responding to the Gabrielle Giffords shootings, Sarah Palin has answered her critics in typically defiant style — but did her choice of words just incite more conflict?
Many people who knew Jared Loughner — the man charged in the Tucson massacre — worried he was deranged and dangerous. Why wasn't he in treatment?
As the assassination attempt on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords brings new scrutiny to Sarah Palin's gun-themed rhetoric, pundits debate the political fallout
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week