opinion briefs on this topic
In this edition of The Week's Editor's Letter, Francis Wilkinson ponders the folly of typecasting
For many, King's legacy of nonviolence has taken on renewed importance in the wake of the Tuscon rampage. Here, some of the best commentary
The president urged Americans to come together to honor the memory of those who died in the Arizona shootings
Responding to the Gabrielle Giffords shootings, Sarah Palin has answered her critics in typically defiant style — but did her choice of words just incite more conflict?
Many people who knew Jared Loughner — the man charged in the Tucson massacre — worried he was deranged and dangerous. Why wasn't he in treatment?
As the assassination attempt on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords brings new scrutiny to Sarah Palin's gun-themed rhetoric, pundits debate the political fallout
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Do Republicans need a Plan B on ObamaCare?
Subscribe to the Week