In this edition of The Week's Editor's Letter, Francis Wilkinson ponders the folly of typecasting
For many, King's legacy of nonviolence has taken on renewed importance in the wake of the Tuscon rampage. Here, some of the best commentary
The president urged Americans to come together to honor the memory of those who died in the Arizona shootings
Responding to the Gabrielle Giffords shootings, Sarah Palin has answered her critics in typically defiant style — but did her choice of words just incite more conflict?
Many people who knew Jared Loughner — the man charged in the Tucson massacre — worried he was deranged and dangerous. Why wasn't he in treatment?
As the assassination attempt on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords brings new scrutiny to Sarah Palin's gun-themed rhetoric, pundits debate the political fallout
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
Subscribe to the Week