In this edition of The Week's Editor's Letter, Francis Wilkinson ponders the folly of typecasting
For many, King's legacy of nonviolence has taken on renewed importance in the wake of the Tuscon rampage. Here, some of the best commentary
The president urged Americans to come together to honor the memory of those who died in the Arizona shootings
Responding to the Gabrielle Giffords shootings, Sarah Palin has answered her critics in typically defiant style — but did her choice of words just incite more conflict?
Many people who knew Jared Loughner — the man charged in the Tucson massacre — worried he was deranged and dangerous. Why wasn't he in treatment?
As the assassination attempt on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords brings new scrutiny to Sarah Palin's gun-themed rhetoric, pundits debate the political fallout
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week