opinion briefs on this topic
Palin used a "bullseye" symbol to target Arizona representative Gabrielle Giffords for defeat in last year's election. Did this political propoganda help inspire Giffords' shooter?
Some liberals say the right's angry rhetoric is partly to blame for the Giffords shootings. Conservatives call the charge a shameful attempt to exploit a tragedy
- Washington has an Edward Snowden problem
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- WATCH: John Oliver tackles the politics of immigration reform
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- New Snowden leak: NSA, Britain's GCHQ, eavesdropped on foreign leaders
- The daily gossip: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have allegedly chosen a baby name, and more