opinion briefs on this topic
Palin used a "bullseye" symbol to target Arizona representative Gabrielle Giffords for defeat in last year's election. Did this political propoganda help inspire Giffords' shooter?
Some liberals say the right's angry rhetoric is partly to blame for the Giffords shootings. Conservatives call the charge a shameful attempt to exploit a tragedy
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week