opinion briefs on this topic
The GOP promises to establish a "gold commission" to examine whether the dollar should be linked to gold — even though the idea has long been discredited
The Great Recession wiped out a huge chunk of the average family's wealth, setting the U.S. back by nearly two decades
Gov. Jerry Brown says his state is almost $16 billion short on its budget. The 74-year-old Democrat has a plan to close the gap — but Californians won't like it
America prides itself as a land of economic opportunity. But, when Canadians have better odds of improving their lives, some say that notion has become a myth
Washington's last-minute deal might not slow down the ballooning growth of America's debt enough to please credit ratings agencies
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Did God have a wife?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
Subscribe to the Week