The GOP promises to establish a "gold commission" to examine whether the dollar should be linked to gold — even though the idea has long been discredited
The Great Recession wiped out a huge chunk of the average family's wealth, setting the U.S. back by nearly two decades
Gov. Jerry Brown says his state is almost $16 billion short on its budget. The 74-year-old Democrat has a plan to close the gap — but Californians won't like it
America prides itself as a land of economic opportunity. But, when Canadians have better odds of improving their lives, some say that notion has become a myth
Washington's last-minute deal might not slow down the ballooning growth of America's debt enough to please credit ratings agencies
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week