opinion briefs on this topic
Muslim anger continues to simmer over an amateurish, mysterious, American-made video insulting the Prophet Mohammad. What's going to be the fallout?
The Arab world is plagued by poverty, repression, and unsustainable population growth. What's a global superpower to do?
In one week, Saudi Arabia announces it's giving women the right to vote ... but continuing to whip them for getting behind the wheel of a car
Millions of Yemenis are going hungry as a violent stalemate between anti-government protesters and President Ali Abdullah Saleh drags on
After decades of authoritarian order, Egypt's toppled pharaoh is sick, caged, and fighting for his life and freedom
Ali Abdullah Saleh reemerges after undergoing at least eight surgeries following an apparent assassination attempt — and refuses to step down
The Obama administration will engage with Egypt's influential Islamic group. Will that help keep the movement in check, or seal its rise to power?
Yemen's president flies to Saudi Arabia after being wounded in a daring attack. Now, uncertainty lingers over his Middle Eastern nation's future
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
Subscribe to the Week