Muslim anger continues to simmer over an amateurish, mysterious, American-made video insulting the Prophet Mohammad. What's going to be the fallout?
The Arab world is plagued by poverty, repression, and unsustainable population growth. What's a global superpower to do?
In one week, Saudi Arabia announces it's giving women the right to vote ... but continuing to whip them for getting behind the wheel of a car
Millions of Yemenis are going hungry as a violent stalemate between anti-government protesters and President Ali Abdullah Saleh drags on
After decades of authoritarian order, Egypt's toppled pharaoh is sick, caged, and fighting for his life and freedom
Ali Abdullah Saleh reemerges after undergoing at least eight surgeries following an apparent assassination attempt — and refuses to step down
The Obama administration will engage with Egypt's influential Islamic group. Will that help keep the movement in check, or seal its rise to power?
Yemen's president flies to Saudi Arabia after being wounded in a daring attack. Now, uncertainty lingers over his Middle Eastern nation's future
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How names influence our destinies
Subscribe to the Week