opinion briefs on this topic
The country's struggling president agrees to step down in exchange for immunity. But not everyone in the opposition is willing to accept his terms
As a day of reckoning approaches, the country's embattled government desperately clings to power
Syria's embattled president says he's scrapping a law that kept generations of Syrians under the government's thumb. But has anything really changed?
Embattled President Bashar Al-Assad forms a new government and releases some prisoners. But will he have to give protesters more?
The fashion magazine's ill-timed and "fawning" profile of Asma al-Assad, the glamorous wife of Syria's despotic leader, is generating outrage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week