opinion briefs on this topic
The country's struggling president agrees to step down in exchange for immunity. But not everyone in the opposition is willing to accept his terms
As a day of reckoning approaches, the country's embattled government desperately clings to power
Syria's embattled president says he's scrapping a law that kept generations of Syrians under the government's thumb. But has anything really changed?
Embattled President Bashar Al-Assad forms a new government and releases some prisoners. But will he have to give protesters more?
The fashion magazine's ill-timed and "fawning" profile of Asma al-Assad, the glamorous wife of Syria's despotic leader, is generating outrage
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week