The country's struggling president agrees to step down in exchange for immunity. But not everyone in the opposition is willing to accept his terms
As a day of reckoning approaches, the country's embattled government desperately clings to power
Syria's embattled president says he's scrapping a law that kept generations of Syrians under the government's thumb. But has anything really changed?
Embattled President Bashar Al-Assad forms a new government and releases some prisoners. But will he have to give protesters more?
The fashion magazine's ill-timed and "fawning" profile of Asma al-Assad, the glamorous wife of Syria's despotic leader, is generating outrage
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week