opinion briefs on this topic
TIME's Bobby Ghosh considers whether the revolutionary wave sweeping the Arab world would have toppled the Iraqi dictator
Some writers are taking heat for their insensitive, partisan reactions to Logan's Egyptian ordeal. Why such disrespect?
In the aftermath of the disturbing attack on the CBS correspondent in Egypt, media organizations face tough questions about female reporters' safety
The Egyptian president defies reports of his resignation and clings to power — provoking protesters and embarrassing the U.S. Now what?
- 10 things you need to know today: June 19, 2013
- The culture war is over, and conservatives lost
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- The House's cold war over the IRS scandal just turned hot
- WATCH: John Oliver tackles the politics of immigration reform
- 72 years together: The couple who died holding hands
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- What the Chinese public is saying about Edward Snowden