opinion briefs on this topic
TIME's Bobby Ghosh considers whether the revolutionary wave sweeping the Arab world would have toppled the Iraqi dictator
Some writers are taking heat for their insensitive, partisan reactions to Logan's Egyptian ordeal. Why such disrespect?
In the aftermath of the disturbing attack on the CBS correspondent in Egypt, media organizations face tough questions about female reporters' safety
The Egyptian president defies reports of his resignation and clings to power — provoking protesters and embarrassing the U.S. Now what?
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- How to dramatically improve your memory
Subscribe to the Week