Meet the new creationism-in-sheep's-clothing: The "academic freedom" bill
Several studies suggest that the Obama administration's proposal for universal preschool education, though costly, would pay off
The number of students trying to get into law school is declining sharply as tuition and student debt rise while job openings dwindle
Researchers believe that students who get endless checks from mom and dad may not take their education as seriously as those who foot the bill themselves
"It's too expensive to modify the kid's environment," says one doctor. "So we have to modify the kid."
A burly New York teacher is suing the city for the physical and emotional damage he allegedly endured at the hands of a 6-year-old student
Far too many U.S. teens leave high school unprepared for college — not to mention the job market
American schools have a drug problem, The New York Times reports, and it isn't with slackers doping up and dropping out
The New York Times Magazine unspools a real-life tale that reads like a stomach-churning mash-up of Charles Dickens and Gossip Girl
This year's high-school and college graduates will get a generous send-off, but their haul will be a drop in the bucket next to their student-loan debt
Under a new pilot program, Georgia will give students as young as 5 years old a say in grading their teachers on their knowledge and abilities
Parents complain after kids are asked to share something they're hiding. Is that an inappropriate question for a standardized test?
Parents complain after a high school teacher makes misbehaving and tardy teens wear the conical collars vets put on animals
To mitigate tension as kids get letters of acceptance — or rejection — from their dream schools, administrators are telling happy students to tone it down
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week